Re: [Libvir] big-endian support for libvirt - introduce GUEST_HANDLE infrastructure ?

Hollis Blanchard wrote:
On Wed, 2007-07-11 at 15:48 +0200, Christian Ehrhardt wrote:
   thanks a lot ! Does this fix all the libvirt proper platform issues
(i.e. independantly of possible xen specific ones) ?
Yes it fixes them as far as they are currently known to me.
As I wrote before I had already a temporary workaround in the kernel, so the libvirt on xenppc status I posted a few mails before is valid for the patched libvirt&kernel scenario.

Christian, I don't remember seeing your kernel patch; could you repost
it?
It was here on xenppc list one minute after the patch to libvirt on this list ;-)
http://www.mail-archive.com/xen-ppc-devel lists xensource com/msg01982.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/xen-ppc-devel lists xensource com/msg01983.html
If we are munging something in the kernel because userspace calls us
with improper parameters, I think it goes without saying that we should
fix userspace...
The mugging was the temporary workaround I posted on xenppc last week which allowed me to continue libvirt testing until the libvirt patch (this thread) is finished and applied. The last patch on xenppc (two links above) now replaces the mugging code with sanity check to get a useful info in the case an old libvirt code level (or something else) issues a corrupted address.

--

Grüsse / regards, Christian Ehrhardt

IBM Linux Technology Center, Open Virtualization
+49 7031/16-3385
Ehrhardt linux vnet ibm com
Ehrhardt de ibm com

IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Johann Weihen Geschäftsführung: Herbert Kircher Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen