Re: [Libvir] xen long-list s-expression

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 04:12:26PM -0600, Daniel Miles wrote:
Hello everone, does anybody know if libvirt has any way of getting the full s-expression that xm list --long <domID> produces?

Nope, the SEXPR is a Xen specific format. For configuration options that
we currently support, the libvirt XML format is the equivalent that is
not Xen specific.

Or failing that, some way to get the location property under device(vfb(location <location string>)) ?

I don't recall there being a location tag under VFB... What information is
it supposed to contain ?   On my Xen 3.1.0  Fedora 7 box I don't see any
location tag in the SEXPR:

# xm list --long  rhel4x86_64 | grep --after 5 vfb
        (vfb
            (vncunused 1)
            (vnclisten 0.0.0.0)
            (type vnc)
            (uuid 42b3fa64-921b-513e-07ea-00cca86dea8d)
        )

I checked a few guests here as well and couldn't find a (location ...) sexpr. What is it supposed to be used for?

Rich.