Re: [Libvir] OpenVZ XML format and VPS properties get/set interface [long]

Shuveb Hussain wrote:
One of the main reasons many people(especially hosting providers) use
OpenVZ is since it can be used to provide service level agreements.
There must be a way to set/get various VPS parameters from libvirt. I
understand concerns about driver specific code in libvirt based clients
like virt-manager. The capabilities paradigm will not fit here, since
this is simply about various properties of the VE/domain, not the
hardware or the VM capabilities. Please correct me, if I am wrong. So,
how to we do it?

Is the current virDomainGetSchedulerType /
virDomainGetSchedulerParameters / virDomainSetSchedulerParameters API sufficient to express all (or at least most) of what OpenVZ requires? If not, could it be plausibly extended, or is another API needed?

Rich.