[Libvir] Re: PATCH 2/2: Reporting of ACPI/APIC features for HVM Xen

On Tue, 2007-07-24 at 15:42 -0500, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> David Lutterkort wrote:
> > For HVM Xen, state that ACPI and APIC can be turned on and off.
>
> I'm pretty sure that in recent versions of Xen, both of these features
> are unconditionally enabled.

>From testing this a little (after fighting silly fights with rawhide and
xen config files) with an FC6 i386 guest on an x86_64 hypervisor:

* In RHEL5 (xen 3.0.3), for both plain xen config files + xm create and
libvirt XML + virsh create:
    <acpi default='off' toggle='yes'/>
    <apic default='off' toggle='yes'/>
    <pae default='off' toggle='yes'/>

* In rawhide (3.1.0) using xen config files and xm create:
    <acpi default='on' toggle='yes'/>
    <apic default='on' toggle='no'/>
    <pae default='on' toggle='yes'/>

* In rawhide (3.1.0) using libvirt XML and virsh create:
    <acpi default='off' toggle='yes'/>
    <apic default='on' toggle='no'/>
    <pae default='off' toggle='yes'/>

We really only care about the libvirt XML part, for which only apic has
differences between 3.0.3 and 3.1.0.

I'll update the patches to take the above into account,
David