[Libvir] Re: Add lots of warning flags to CFLAGS

Jim Meyering wrote:
"Richard W.M. Jones" <rjones redhat com> wrote:
Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
Mark McLoughlin wrote:
On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 16:16 +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 04:09:26PM +0000, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
    Uh, never mind this ... fixed patch attached.
Looks good to me, lets commit it.
    Done. Now, who wants to make it build with
--enable-compile-warnings=error ? :-)
Actually that's a feature I _do_ want to use because the warnings
always fly past too quickly for me to read, so I will be testing it
out.
Hmmm .... speaking too soon.  rpcgen generates code stubs which do not
pass -Wunused.  I may look at whether we can do per-file flags,

Hi Rich,

Or make rpcgen mark the offending bits with __attribute__ ((__unused__))?
Or, postprocess the generated code to add the same?

Postprocessing might be an idea too. For reasons I haven't quite determined it also inserts statements with no effect ...

Rich.