Re: [Libvir] Proposed XML format for capabilities, with examples [long]

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
(4) is_kvm_capable: [Linux] kernel supports kvm? Uses Linux-specific /dev/kvm

This is really equivalent to the 'is_hvm_capable' check but for KVM.

Just an update on this one for all on the list: We went round several loops with this, but think we've got a way whereby a simple 'test -e /dev/kvm'-style test will not only check if KVM exists, but whether all necessary things have been enabled in the hardware/BIOS too.

Rich.

--
Emerging Technologies, Red Hat  http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/
64 Baker Street, London, W1U 7DF     Mobile: +44 7866 314 421