[Libvir] libvirt not compatible with Xen-unstable hypercall API ?

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Mon Mar 26 19:15:36 UTC 2007

On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 02:12:09PM -0500, Jerone Young wrote:
> While trying to verify any potential problem between with libvirt & Xen
> PPC port. I've found that libvirt currently in CVS attempts to determine
> what hypercall version to follow, by looking at the hypervisior version.
> It determines that this is some arbitrary versioning "v2" of the
> hypercall api. This starts on line 1250 of xen_internal.c. This does not
> appear to be compatible with current Xen-Unstable from testing and
> trying to hack it up.

Yep, this is very likely broken because of the ABI changes for the 32-on-64
support done in xen-unstable a month or two back. Its on my list of things
todo, but not got around to it yet because Fedora 7 development was still
on 3.0.4 tree.

> Has any work been done toward making libvirt compatible with
> Xen-unstable that has not been included? Or is it waiting till the
> offical 3.0.5 release?

No work has been started AFAIK - anyone is welcome to take a stab at adding
support if they need it soon.

Regards,
Dan.