Re: [Libvir] build problems with latest cvs version

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
That's odd - I was expecting you were going to say you were running something more ancient.

Next question then :-)

What happens if you do:

$ grep SIOCBRADDBR /usr/include/linux/sockios.h

for me:

#define SIOCBRADDBR 0x89a0 /* create new bridge device */

Well ... the following:

<command>
[xxxxxxxx xenmachine libvirt]# grep SIOCBRADDBR /usr/include/linux/ sockios.h
[xxxxxxxx xenmachine libvirt]#
</command>

I think you expected at least something like that:

<stuff>
#define SIOCBRADDBR 0x89a0 /* create new bridge device */
</stuff>

This line I grabbed from my non-xen-based laptop running on

<uname>
Linux nonxenmachine 2.6.20-gentoo-r7 #3 PREEMPT Fri May 4 11:03:57 CEST 2007 i686 Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1500MHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
</uname>

What does this mean? Can you give me a short explanation? Do I need to update my kernel? Is it possible to use a precompiled version of libvirt from a similar system?

Thanks,

	Jan