Re: [Libvir] [RFC] Life-cycle Management of the domain take2

Saori Fukuta wrote:
Why I did not use virDomainGetXMLDesc and virDomainDefineXML was some elements
ware lost in current XML.
For example, there is no "vncpasswd", "cpus", "localtime" in XML configuration
with virDomainGetXMLDesc. So when I set the "vncpasswd" the "vncpasswd" will
disappear after I define the XML configuration.

It sounds to me like the real solution would be to either fix virDomainGetXMLDesc to return these missing fields, or add another call to get them, or (for the password) to store it elsewhere.

How about loading the original config XML and the XML from the running domain (virDomainGetXMLDesc), and then updating the config XML with only certain fields from the running domain?

Rich.

Registered Address: Red Hat UK Ltd, Amberley Place, 107-111 Peascod Street,
Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 1TE, United Kingdom. Registered in England and Wales
under Company Registration No. 03798903