[Libvir] How libvirt handles QEMU?

Hello,

I am new to libvirt, so have a question. My concern is: libvirt can
manage QEMU VMs. The point is thatI QEMU doesnt not export monitor
interface to outside (at least that is what I know about older version
of QEMU, not sure if anything changed recently).

So how can libvirt does something like: pause, resume or extract
internal information about a QEMU VM?

Thank you,
Jun