[Libvir] QEMU without KVM

Steven W. Moyer smoyer at c-cor.com
Mon May 14 21:21:22 UTC 2007

I'm working on getting QEMU running with libvirt and virt-manager and have thus far had no success.  I chose QEMU because it didn't require CPU support for full-virtualization (I got a bit older CPUs).

Now I'm at a stand-still trying to get it running.  My libvirt is compiled with QEMU support, but I'm getting a "virConnectOpenReadOnly() failed error when it tries to connect the the hypervisor.  A couple questions:

1)  How do I start qemu as a service?  I actually have 6 guests running.
2)  How do I connect from libvirt to qemu? (either running or not).

Could someone who's already been there give me a little libvirt/qemu tutorial?

Thanks, smoyer
--
Steven W. Moyer
Principle Architect, Assurance Applications

C-COR Solutions, LLC
60 Decibel Road
State College, PA  16801

Office Phone: 814-231-4408