[Libvir] QEMU without KVM

Steven W. Moyer smoyer at c-cor.com
Thu May 17 20:28:10 UTC 2007

It didn't abort during initialization ... it aborted when I clicked on the VNC (I'm assuming) window.  In the log file, the error first occurs with the call to hald (which wasn't installed on this system).

Once I installed hal, this problem cleared up (I guess that's one to put in the troubleshooting guide huh?).  The screen grabs work perfectly:)

Now I just need to finish my networking on the host side and I'll be all set (any hints?).

BTW:  My target is RHEL5, but I'm using a lot of software that doesn't have RPMs yet, so I'm working this all out on Gentoo.  As I mentioned before, I'm also going to write up a comprehensive how-to.

I'm using the system to test installation scripts.  One of the things that would be very handy is the ability to copy a guest (image file, configuration, etc.).  It could use the same wizard that's used to create a new guest, with everything already filled in (except a couple obvious fields).

Once I have some of this running, I'll dig into the Python code for virt-manager a bit ... I should be able to add a few enhancements myself.

Thanks again, smoyer

--
Steven W. Moyer
Principle Architect, Assurance Applications

C-COR Solutions, LLC
60 Decibel Road
State College, PA  16801

Office Phone: 814-231-4408