Re: [Libvir] Finally - fix the build on Debian

Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 03:21:48PM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
The attached patch fixes three separate build problems on Debian:

(1) The libtool autoconf macro is wrong in that it requires a C++ compiler and /lib/cpp, neither of which seems to be really needed.

(2) If you pass -fstack-protector while compiling, then you also need to pass it while linking, so that gcc knows to link -lssp.

(3) Long-standing problem that xencapstest.c won't compile --without-xen.

Well, OK so I didn't actually fix (1), but I did add a note to the TODO file pointing out the problem. So you'll still need to install the Debian "g++" package before you can compile libvirt.

None of this is actually Debian specific, it actually affects various setups.
Patch looks fine to me,

Committed.

Rich.