Re: [Libvir] Finally - fix the build on Debian

I compiled the libvirt from last cvs source without to export CFLAGS -fstack-protector option without problem. After it, I compiled the virt-manger and it isn't working. Running virt-manager retur this error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virt-manager.py", line 104, in ?
    from virtManager.config import vmmConfig
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager
/virtManager/config.py", line 24, in ?
    import libvirt
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 7, in ?
    import libvirtmod
ImportError: /usr/lib/libvirt.so.0: undefined symbol: __stack_chk_guard

Also is necessáry correction in virt-manager code?

On 5/29/07, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones redhat com> wrote:
Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 03:21:48PM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>> The attached patch fixes three separate build problems on Debian:
>> (1) The libtool autoconf macro is wrong in that it requires a C++
>> compiler and /lib/cpp, neither of which seems to be really needed.
>> (2) If you pass -fstack-protector while compiling, then you also need to
>> pass it while linking, so that gcc knows to link -lssp.
>> (3) Long-standing problem that xencapstest.c won't compile --without-xen.
>> Well, OK so I didn't actually fix (1), but I did add a note to the TODO
>> file pointing out the problem.  So you'll still need to install the
>> Debian "g++" package before you can compile libvirt.
> None of this is actually Debian specific, it actually affects various setups.
> Patch looks fine to me,

Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 1TE, United Kingdom.  Registered in

Libvir-list mailing list
Libvir-list redhat com

Marco Sinhoreli

Marco Sinhoreli