[Libvir] Debian package structure

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed May 30 16:02:16 UTC 2007

Marco Sinhoreli wrote:
> hello all,
>
> I have been worked in libvirt, virt-manager and virtinst packages to
> Debian for a weeks. Packages are now stabilized. Following below  the
> /debian directories structure for analise.
> * libvirt:
> svn co http://svn.mussicorp.net/projetos/src/xen/libvirt/trunk/

In debian/rules you shouldn't need this any longer (with latest CVS):

export CFLAGS += -fno-stack-protector

> * Virt-manager:
> svn co
> http://svn.mussicorp.net/projetos/src/xen/virt-manager/virt-manager/trunk/

Shouldn't virt-manager Depends: on python-libvirt and virtinst?

It should probably Build-Depends: on (eg) cdbs too, since firstly you're
using cdbs in debian/rules, and secondly virt-manager isn't pure Python
- it contains a C-based widget.

Not clear what the postrm was for.  Is there configuration kept in
/usr/share/virt-manager?

Rich.