Re: [Libvir] Question about specifications of virsh start

Masayuki Sunou wrote:
Hi

I have a question about specifications of virsh start.

It is necessary to remove "type=ioemu" from the configuration file of Xen,
when HVM domain installed Para Virtualized Driver use unmodified driver
on Xen 3.0.3.

But,libvirt always adds "type=ioemu" to vif of HVM domain in xm_internal.c.
Therefore virsh start cannot start correctly HVM domain installed
Para Virtualized Driver.

Could you teach why does libvirt disregard setting of configuration
file and set type=ioemu ?

This is surely a bug in libvirt, src/xm_internal.c, xenXMParseXMLVif:

    if (hvm) {
        strcat(buf, ",type=ioemu");
    }

Do you know what we can use to determine if the PV drivers are installed in a domain? I don't think there is anything extrinsic, so perhaps we need to add something to the XML domain description.

Rich.