[Libvir] latest NUMA/cpuset code testing

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Wed Nov 14 09:33:47 UTC 2007

On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 08:24:53PM -0500, beth kon wrote:
> I tested the latest CVS libvirt on a 128-way x3950 and create, define,
> and start appear to work well with various cpusets specified. The only
> thing I noticed was that dumpxml does not grab the cpuset info. I have
> not looked at the code to verify, but is this expected? Maybe you
> discussed this Daniel, but I can't remember at the moment.

  Hum, no, that's not normal, I commited this on

Wed Oct 31 10:36:00 CET 2007 Daniel Veillard <veillard at redhat.com>

        * proxy/libvirt_proxy.c src/proxy_internal.[ch] src/xen_internal.c
          src/xen_unified.[ch] src/xend_internal.[ch] src/xml.[ch]: last
          patch for the library NUMA support, allow to serialize CPU pinning
          to domain configs (but won't work though proxy access), includes
          many patches from Saori Fukuta.

and we applied later another patch from you :

Mon Nov  5 11:11:45 CET 2007 Daniel Veillard <veillard at redhat.com>

        * src/xml.c: patch from Beth Kon to fix a problem when the
          cpuset parameter for numa uses cpu maxcpu-1

But I was hoping it was a solved problem ... I guess we need to debug this !
The string should be given to xend_parse_sexp_desc as the cpus last argument.
That argument should be computed in xenUnifiedDomainDumpXML() where it calls
xenDomainUsedCpus() to get that string.