Re: [Libvir] Concepts in storage management

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

Since that thread is split across two months, can I bring to everyone's attention the post I made yesterday:

In particular the concept at the end that we shouldn't even try to support every possible remote storage, but instead allow the administrator to write "scriptlets" (small shell scripts with a well-defined input & output) to perform a set of operations:

----- /etc/libvirtd.conf -------------------

allocate partition: "lvcreate -L %size -n %name XenVolGroup"
list partitions: "lvs --xml"

We can provide sample scriptlets for different operating systems and storage configurations.