Re: [Libvir] Proposal for the storage API (for discussion only)

John Levon wrote:
On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 06:11:48PM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

  virStorageListGroups
  virStorageCreateVolume
	- for discovering and creating partitions, LVs, LUNs, &c.

So a ZFS pool would be a "Group" in this API, and a zvol a 'Volume'?

I'm afraid I don't know enough about ZFS to answer this coherently.

A better way would be for me to turn this around and ask _you_ if you think the concepts that I've proposed map on to ZFS :-?

Rich.