Re: [Libvir] Compiling libvirt v0.3.2 on centos5

Meng Kuan wrote:

Here is what I did when I tried to upgrade the libvirt on my centos5 system to the latest version.

sudo yum install python-devel xen-devel libxml2-devel readline-devel gnutls-devel
  wget ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/libvirt-0.3.2-1.src.rpm
  sudo rpmbuild --rebuild libvirt-0.3.2-1.src.rpm

It's best to avoid building RPMs as root. Set up a non-root RPM buildroot instead. If you have rpmdevtools package installed, then there should be a command "rpmdev-setuptree" which does this. Otherwise read these instructions:

RPM build errors:
    InstallSourcePackage: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID de95bc1f
    user veillard does not exist - using root
    user veillard does not exist - using root
    Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:

I think your best bet is to take a look at where it is installing these files. Find the RPM build root (usually /var/tmp/something) and do:
  find /var/tmp/something -type f

The compare that list of files with the one in the spec file.

I tried to get around this by putting the following in the ~/.rpmmacros file (according to this webpage http://www.rpm.org/hintskinks/unpackaged/):

  _unpackaged_files_terminate_build 0
  _missing_doc_files_terminate_build 0

However, that does not seem to help. Any ideas?

Should I just install the binary packages instead of building from source?

I must admit that I normally build from CVS, and on RHEL 5 that works just fine, so I can't see why it would work from Centos.