Re: [Libvir] can't start windows guest domains

Thomas Antony wrote:
Mon, 10 Sep 2007 20:38:31 ERROR virDomainCreateLinux() failed POST operation failed: (xend.err "Error creating domain: (12, 'Cannot allocate memory')")

I think I've seen this one, and if so then it has been fixed but the problem may not have made it out to Fedora yet (it was a bug in Xen itself).

It was caused by Domain-0 not being able to balloon down its memory usage by enough to accomodate the new domain. The workaround is to reduce the amount of memory allocated to Domain-0 manually first, eg:

  virsh setmaxmem 0 128000

but you'll have to modify '128000' to be some amount of memory in kilobytes which is the current Domain-0 allocation, less what is needed for your new domain, less a bit more for good luck...

Rich.