Re: [Libvir] RFC: Broadcast our presence with avahi

  Hi,

>  - I arbitrarily picked a service type of '_libvirtd._tcp'. The docs on
>    picking service types seem non-existant on Avahi website, but it seems
>    to be common to use service name from /etc/services and protocol both
>    prefixed with _.

Cool.

>  - I want to advertise whether the server is configured with TLS certs or
>    not, so remote clients can automatically choose to use SSH urls with
>    the remote driver if neccessary.

Hmm.  Shouldn't work that simply by port number?  The tls and non-tls
connections use different port numbers, right?  The ssh tunneling case
is a bit icky though ...

And while you are at it, how about announcing the vm vnc screens too
(assuming they are not bound to the loopback interface only) as _rfb._tcp?

cheers,
  Gerd