[Libvir] PATCH: Remove Xen Proxy driver

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Wed Sep 19 10:27:39 UTC 2007

On Wed, Sep 19, 2007 at 06:22:58AM -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 19, 2007 at 04:08:50AM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 19, 2007 at 04:05:53AM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> > > Since the previous patch allows the remote daemon to serve all the functions
> > > of the current Xen Proxy driver, this patch simply removes the Xen proxy
> > > and its driver.
> >
> > Oh I should mention, I've only done minimal testing on this so far. I need
> > to do more extensive testing to ensure I didn't miss any edge cases in the
> > way apps were using the proxy.

  Just thinking about it, maybe test that the change doesn't end up doing
too much performance degradation. For example if instead of doing RPC to
proxy + hypercall, we end up doing RPC to daemon + PolicyKit (DBus RPC
+ lookup) + say xend access, this may introduce some regression. I assume
all calls previously serviced by the proxy would still be allowed freely
without PolicyKit checking, right ?