Re: [Libvir] proposal: remove contradictory indentation directive

Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 08:42:08AM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>> I also say you should go for the full patch.
>
>   But please keep tabks in ChangeLog for indenting,

Of course ;-)
There's actually a "make syntax-check" that would barf if I tried
expanding *those* TABs.

It's in Makefile.maint, and I see that it's disabled
because I added sc_changelog to the list of excluded checks
in Makefile.cfg.  I disabled it because the check requires
ChangeLog date/author lines like this:

  2008-04-08  Daniel Veillard  <veillard redhat com>

rather than the ones we use:

  Tue Apr  8 18:14:50 CET 2008 Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com>

If you want the added check, it's trivial to adjust the regexp in that
test to permit the existing style, too.  Just say the word and I'll do it.