[Libvir] crash on domain shutdown (via ruby)

Vadim Zaliva lord at crocodile.org
Thu Apr 10 22:17:29 UTC 2008

On Apr 10, 2008, at 15:00, Vadim Zaliva wrote:
> I am observing a crash with libvirt ruby bindings. Please see stack
> trace below. I am using libvirt-0.4.2 and ruby-libvirt-0.0.6. I have
> upgraded to new versions of both today, so I am not sure which one
> is to blame. The problem happening when I try to do domain shutdown.
>
> I can reproduce the problem, so if somebody will be looking into
> that, I can aid debugging it.

Here is my test code:

require 'libvirt'
conn = Libvirt::open("")
dom = conn.lookup_domain_by_name("eee")
if dom == nil
  puts "not found"
else
  dom.shutdown()
  puts "complete"
end

$ sudo ruby crash2.rb
*** glibc detected *** ruby: free(): invalid pointer: 0xb7f2dcb4 **

Vadim

--
"La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien a ajouter, mais
quand il ne reste rien a enlever."  (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)