[Libvir] crash on domain shutdown (via ruby)

Chris Lalancette clalance at redhat.com
Fri Apr 11 01:13:55 UTC 2008

Vadim Zaliva wrote:
> On Apr 10, 2008, at 15:00, Vadim Zaliva wrote:
>> I am observing a crash with libvirt ruby bindings. Please see stack
>> trace below. I am using libvirt-0.4.2 and ruby-libvirt-0.0.6. I have
>> upgraded to new versions of both today, so I am not sure which one
>> is to blame. The problem happening when I try to do domain shutdown.
>>
>> I can reproduce the problem, so if somebody will be looking into
>> that, I can aid debugging it.

OK, interesting.  I took your test code and tried it out here, and I wasn't able
to reproduce.  I'm running libvirt-0.4.1-7 (recompiled from F-9) and
ruby-libvirt-0.0.6, along with a 2.6.24 Fedora 8 kernel and KVM guests.  Besides
your libvirt and ruby-libvirt package versions, what else can you tell us about
your environment?  What kind of guests are you trying to shutdown (KVM, Xen,
Qemu, etc.), and what relevant package versions are you using?

Chris Lalancette