[Libvir] Re: [et-mgmt-tools] [RFE] virtual networks without DHCP

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 02:57:54PM +0200, Geert Jansen wrote:
> I think it would be nice if it were possible to create a virtual network
> with virt-manager without DHCP and DNS services. This is useful when you
> want to use a host-only network for testing a setup that includes a DHCP
> server.
>
> I am not sure whether this is a limitation in virt-manager or in libvirt.

It's a libvirt thing.  Replies redirected to libvir-list.

My understanding is that if the network doesn't contain a <ip...>
element in the network XML then no DHCP server will be created.

  http://libvirt.org/formatnetwork.html

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v