[libvirt] libvirt-java storage support and refactoring

Tóth István stoty at 3g.co.hu
Tue Aug 5 09:26:27 UTC 2008

Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 04, 2008 at 11:59:38PM +0200, Toth Istvan wrote:
>
>> Here's a new take on the patch (It's against current CVS)
>>
>> The changes from the previous patch:
>>
>> - I've changed the generic functions to macros, so now they are as
>> typesafe as JNI lets them be.
>>
>> - I've converted all applicable functions to the new macros
>>
>   the comments seems to indicate we still have leaks, any idea  why seems
> all converted strings get released now, or did i miss things ?

I've just forgotten to delete them.
I believe that there still some java object leaks in the more complex
functions, but those are not String related.
I'll have to re-check JNI memory mamagement, to make sure that every
temporary object that we create is garbage collectible,
as I've glossed over these details previously :-).
Also, some compley JNI functions could be reduced as about a third of
their size,
if we created appropiate java constructors/helpers for them, instead of
filling them field-by field from the JNI code.
>   Okay, I was wondering about that. Thanks for double-checking !
> I'm applying the patch to CVS, i will just do a few space/tab cleanups
> and also upgrading the required version in configure.in to 0.4.1.
>
>   Probably worth pushing a new version soon too,
>
>     thanks a million !

You are welcome!