Re: [libvirt] /var/run/libvirt

On Fri, Aug 08, 2008 at 12:08:05PM +0200, Stefan de Konink wrote:
> My /var/run is empty upon boot. (ramfs) One may wonder why libvirt needs a
> dedicated directory at all for two sockets...

This seems to be a valid point.

Note that /var/run/libvirt is also used for temporary files, and I
think some of the hypervisor drivers can put stuff there too, so it
really does need to be a directory.

Dan/Dan, any reason we can't 'mkdir' this when libvirtd starts up?

Rich.

Read my OCaml programming blog: http://camltastic.blogspot.com/
Fedora now supports 60 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)