[libvirt] Reusing dumpxml output

ajishrao ajishrao at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 06:39:24 UTC 2008

You need to take care of only two parameters ID and VNC port, other
things will remain. If you want to put different path for disk you can
do that as well. API is already available to define by you own xml.
Even if you don't modify the id/vnc it doesn't matter, everything is
taken care by libvirt.
On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 01:04 +0200, Stefan de Konink wrote:

> I would like to reuse configurations that have been edited using the
> libvirt api. For example by attaching interfaces.
>
> Now the output that dumpxml generates, is very 'specific' to an active
> configuration. I am not able to use a stored configuration from an active
> domain to redefine it after it has been undefined. Is there a trick to do
> so? Or should one really strip all 'live' attributes first?
>

> Stefan
>
> --

Thanks & Regards
--Ajish