[libvirt] Libvirt Xen daemon interaction in Red Hat Enterprise with virtualization

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Thu Aug 21 06:44:52 UTC 2008

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 03:34:38PM -0700, vaibhav chugh wrote:
> What I am looking for is the exact function call that is made by libvirt to
> connect to xen daemon. i.e. the function that makes libvirt send out xml RPC
> message for xend to read.

  see src/xend_internal.[ch] code in the source of libvirt.

> session.login_with_password() is not supported by xenAPI version being used
> in Red Hat. Please help me with the substitute of this method in Red Hat.

  Very simple, you have the source, take a debugger and see how libvirt
connects. If you don't want to spend the effort, use libvirt directly,
it was designed explicitely for people like you to not have to mess with
the internals of Xen, it's complex, it's hard, sometimes inefficient,
and tend to changes between release. The code available from libvirt is
the best we have to offer, read it, learn it, and use it !

  And please don't post the same request many time, you will get less
help if you try to proceed that way.