[libvirt] <bootloader /> BUG

Stefan de Konink skinkie at xs4all.nl
Sat Aug 23 23:33:34 UTC 2008

With the tip of DanB I am currently using the inactive XML storage quite
satisfied with the concept of first undefining than starting. But there
is still a bug.

The inactive XML adds a <bootloader /> tag. Now that is (in my
perspective) not a bug, but it it is that libvirt expects a config. In
my personal believes the tag shouldn't be there if there is no config;
or libvirt should not

libvir: Xen Daemon error : POST operation failed: xend_post: error from
xen daemon: (xend.err 'Error creating domain: Had a bootloader
specified, but no disks are bootable')
error: Failed to create domain from /mnt/netapp/users/klant2/mono/index.xml

I just checked with the last git version and the bug still exists... I
hope someone can look into this asap. It is a blocker for development.

Stefan