Re: [libvirt] PATCH: 4/28: Thread safety for test driver

Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> wrote:
> I hope it's worth the effort, it's a lot of complexity added.
> One of the things which worries me is that detecting errors will be
> hard, you end up with a locked server that can be far from trivial
> to debug.
> I'm really wondering how we could automate testing or at least ease the
> debug,

Exactly my sentiment.
We really do need some sort of automatic code analysis, maybe
using CIL, as Dan suggests.

Even something really simple would help:
I found myself wishing emacs would highlight and graphically-connect
matching lock/unlock pairs in the same function, which would make it
easier to see any unmatched ones.