[libvirt] how to connect LXC via libvirt

Ian jonhson jonhson.ian at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 03:15:54 UTC 2008

Hi Daniel,

I followed the instructions in:

https://lists.linux-foundation.org/pipermail/containers/2008-September/013237.html

to try to connect with LXC which is built in my VM (ubuntu7.10 +
kernel 2.6.27-rc8).
Unfortunately, I fail.

The container can work when I use its user-space interfaces, however I can not
execute the "virsh --connect lxc:/// define mycontainer.xml" after I have
installed the libvirt (downloaded from CVS). I checked the libvirt.c
and found there
are only the "xen:///" support, not any codes to support LXC.

Therefore, I am wondering whether LXC has been supported in libvirt mainstream
and what should I do to get the result as your statement in maillist.

Thanks,

Ian