Re: [Libvir] PATCH: 0/16: Storage management APIs

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 01:29:55PM -0800, Dan Smith wrote:
DL> So, if I understand correctly, the user would specify a directory
DL> containing an image of the entire file system they want for the
DL> container.  This would be clone'd and setup so that it appears as
DL> / in the container filesystem?

No, they would just be directories that could be used for overlays
(like in the case of sharing / with the parent, but overlaying a
different /var).

I think what Dan is suggesting is a way to automatically populate a
new var overlay when the user creates an "image" of the type
"directory" through libvirt.  They would say "create me a new var,
based on this other existing var over here".

BTW, I'd like to not have to implement this :-) It is just the conceptual model that would fit it with the storage API design...

Dan.
:-) It would eliminate the need for mounts. Does it make more sense to integrate into the storage API design or leave the separate container specific mounts?

--
Best Regards,
Dave Leskovec