[Libvir] PATCH: 9/16: main internal storage driver

Jim Meyering jim at meyering.net
Tue Feb 19 09:09:20 UTC 2008

"Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 09:51:28AM -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 04:36:04AM +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
>> > +    if (xml)
>> > +        xmlFreeDoc(xml);
>> > +    return NULL;
>> > +}
>>
>>   since we try to remove if (x) free(x) style, just call xmlFreeDoc(xml);
>> since xmlFreeDoc handles NULLs fine.
>
> Yes, I did 'make syntax-check' but seems to have missed those

To make it check for that, add a line in Makefile.cfg:

useless_free_options =          \
  --name=sexpr_free             \
  --name=xmlXPathFreeContext    \
  --name=xmlXPathFreeObject

FYI, I did consider adding it a week or two ago, but saw the
xmlGenericError call in libxml2/tree.c:

    void
    xmlFreeDoc(xmlDocPtr cur) {
        xmlDtdPtr extSubset, intSubset;
        xmlDictPtr dict = NULL;

        if (cur == NULL) {
    #ifdef DEBUG_TREE
            xmlGenericError(xmlGenericErrorContext,
                    "xmlFreeDoc : document == NULL\n");
    #endif
            return;
        }

Of course, if DV says it's ok, I guess that #ifdef'd code is not an issue.