Re: [Libvir] [RFC] 0/3 Add Linux Container support to libvirt

DL> That makes sense to me.  I guess I'd lean towards leaving <init>
DL> in the container block since a container isn't really starting a
DL> new os image.  Perhaps Dan Smith has some comments on this...

Oh I *always* have some comments... :)

From the above example, <init> would be the only member of
<container>, right?  That seems broken to me, unless there are other
things planned to be in <container>.

In the context of a container, the value of <init> seems suited for
the <os> block.  From the view of a component that consumes the
libvirt XML interface, I think I'd prefer avoiding more domain-level
nodes, and would rather the relevant information be packed into
existing areas (such as <os> and <devices>) instead of adding a new
one (<containers>).

--
Dan Smith
IBM Linux Technology Center