Re: [Libvir] [RFC] 0/3 Add Linux Container support to libvirt

DL> Right.  For a container, <init> would be the only member of <os>
DL> as well right?  At the moment, I don't know of anything else that
DL> we will be adding to <container>.

No, <os> contains lots of stuff, just none of it applies to a
container :)  From the perspective of a consumer of the interface,
there is only one block that needs to be examined.  If you put <init>
in <container>, then I have to look at <container> (maybe) in addition
to <os> (maybe).

DL> I guess my only hangup there is the case where the value of <init>
DL> specifies something that is not an init like application.  In that
DL> case, at least to me, it seems less suited there.

But from libvirt's perspective, it's still a virtual machine(-like)
entity, regardless of what is really running inside.

--
Dan Smith
IBM Linux Technology Center