Re: [Libvir] tons of format string warnings on rawhide

"Richard W.M. Jones" <rjones redhat com> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 03:38:25PM +0100, Jim Meyering wrote:
>> Avoid warnings like this:
>>
>>   file:nnn:format not a string literal and no format arguments
>
> +1.
>
> Strangely I compiled libvirt on Rawhide only yesterday with no
> problems.  Maybe something to do with the new gcc 4.3 upgrade ...?

It's probably because I configured with --disable-nls,
and that defines away "_" (as in _("translatable diagnostic")),
thus exposing the literal.

Hmm... but I thought gcc had become smart enough to recognize gettext
(and the literal) in that context.  Maybe that bit of gcc stopped working?