Re: [Libvir] How to stop 'make install' clobbering /etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf

"Richard W.M. Jones" <rjones redhat com> wrote:
> Currently 'make install' clobbers configuration files, in particular
> /etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf.  It shouldn't.
>
> Does anyone know how to persuade automake to stop it from doing this?
> As far as I can see the only way would be to write a custom install
> rule.

IMHO, the default "make install" behavior (clobber any target)
is the right approach.  Doing anything else starts to implement policy.
Policy belongs more in the domain of the distribution, packaging, and
higher-level tools like yum, etc.