Re: [Libvir] Snapshots in Libvirt

DV> Can you provide pointers to descriptions of Xen and KVM support
DV> for this ?  My take was that the main problem was with
DV> snapshotting support at the filesystem level, and I think only LVM
DV> has support for this,

My understanding is that qcow2 supports coordinated memory+disk
snapshots of QEMU machines.

This is something that we definitely would like to be able to support
in the CIM providers when it's available in libvirt.  There is already
a DMTF model around providing this sort of functionality.

--
Dan Smith
IBM Linux Technology Center