[Libvir] Repository for work-in-progress storage patches

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Sat Jan 19 18:13:29 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jan 19, 2008 at 07:09:31PM +0100, Jim Meyering wrote:
> "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> Since you're working on the weekend ;-), here are some
> notices I'd begun to accumulate:
>
>   There are a bunch of new uses of open64, which isn't portable.
>   How about using AC_SYS_LARGEFILE in configure.in instead?
>   Then you can use "open" everywhere.
>
>   In storage_backend_loop.c, it looks like vol->target.path can be leaked.

Which function is that in ?  Since originally writing it I've changed all
error path cleanup code to simply call virStorageVolDefFree(), so there's
a central function which will free all members, rather than having cleanup
duplicated all over the place.

>   Just after that, I wondered if other vol->members could be leaked,
>   but haven't yet looked at the cleanup-called vol-destroying
>   function; it probably frees everything.

Yep, check virStorageVolDefFree() - that's intended to be the only place
where  vol->members are cleaned up.

Dan.