[Libvir] [patch 7/9] Add support for lokkit

Jim Meyering jim at meyering.net
Mon Jan 14 13:00:36 UTC 2008

"Richard W.M. Jones" <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:
> Mark McLoughlin wrote:
>> Hi Rich,
>>
>> On Mon, 2008-01-14 at 12:13 +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>>
>>> Just a minor nit here: My reading of the autoconf info page is that
>>> this should be a --with argument, not an --enable argument.
>>
>> 	I don't mind either way, but my understanding was that --with would
>> only be appropriate if we were doing:
>>
>>   --with-lokkit=/usr/sbin/lokkit
>>
>> 	i.e. that --with was used for specifying the location of some external
>> dependency, whereas --enable is used for simply enabling or disabling a
>> feature.
>
> You could be right.
>
> /me invokes Jim Meyering
> ... https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2008-January/msg00126.html

Hi guys,

You probably know that --with-THING and --enable-THING are functionally
equivalent, and the question is about which should appear in
"./configure --help" output.

The autoconf documentation describes the distinction
between --with-PACKAGE and --enable-FEATURE, but since lokkit
is a package, and "lokkit-support" can be considered a feature of
libvirt, it's a little ambiguous.

However, since autoconf gives the examples of "--with-x" and
"--with-gnu-as", "--with-lokkit" does seem to be more in line.