Re: [Libvir] [RFC] Add Container support to libvirt

DL>       <network>
DL>           <ipaddress>192.168.1.110</ipaddress>
DL>           <hostname>browndog</hostname>
DL>           <gateway>192.168.1.1</gateway>
DL>           <nameserver>192.168.1.1</nameserver>
DL>           <netmask>255.255.255.0</netmask>
DL>       </network>

This is me showing my complete ignorance here, but can you enforce the
hostname inside a container like that?  I would expect that to be done
by the init scripts inside a container, much like a real machine.

Also, the above network block seems to imply that a container will
only ever have one network interface, which I expect is not the case.
The placement of the network block also seems to imply that this bit
of network config, and specifically this IP address, is a
characteristic property of the container itself.  That seems strange
to me.  Should this be under <devices> so we can represent more than
one interface?

--
Dan Smith
IBM Linux Technology Center