Re: [Libvir] libvirt on OS X Leopard 10.5.1

Jim Meyering wrote:
However, I confess I don't know enough about the alternatives
you mention (below) to say if it's worth pursuing.

Another, less appealing, is to look at some of the modern XDR library
replacements.  Uli suggested one, but I've lost the link at the
moment...  Of course that involves porting those libraries to Mac and
Windows, which may be a load of effort in itself.

It's TI-RPC.

Unfortunately the licensing of TI-RPC is very confused (see section 3.13 "Other SunRPC libraries, TI-RPC" of http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/secure_rpc/).

In any case it would involve a bunch of extra porting work, so it's easier just to fix the missing xdr_quad_t type.

Rich.