Re: [Libvir] a vmware driver

Schley Andrew Kutz wrote:

Does anyone know if there is work being done on a VMware driver? If not, I could write one. I'm about to release an application via SearchServerVirtualization called ivi (Java Virtual Interface) that uses the VI SDK and the XenApi (cannot get libvirt to work on my dev platform - OS X) to enable management of both VMware VI3 boxes as well as Xen boxes. I would love to move away from the XenApi to libvirt, and even more so to extend libvirt to support the VI SDK.

We've been looking for someone to support VMWare for a long time, so yes this would be very welcome. To my knowledge no one is doing it at the moment.

Rich.