[Libvir] Mac OS X again (was: Re: PKG_CHECK_EXISTS)

Jim Meyering wrote:
So, you have this file,

    /opt/local/share/aclocal/pkg.m4

yet your version of aclocal doesn't find it.
This should be enough to make it work:

    mkdir -p $(aclocal --print-ac-dir)
    echo /opt/local/share/aclocal >> $(aclocal --print-ac-dir)/dirlist

OK, that got PKG_CHECK_EXISTS fine.  To be precise I had to do:

  echo /opt/local/share/aclocal >> $(aclocal --print-ac-dir)/dirlist
  aclocal -I m4 -I gnulib/m4
  automake
  autoconf
  CFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include \
  LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib \
  ./configure --without-xen --without-qemu

For reasons which are unclear gl_COMPILER_FLAGS macro is not copied into aclocal.m4. I think autom4te is refusing to believe that this macro is used, even though it's clearly in configure.in, but I didn't spend too long trying to delve into the internal machinations of autom4te. Instead I just commented out the two references to gl_COMPILER_FLAGS.

Rich.