Re: [Libvir] VIR_DOMAIN_NOSTATE

Russ Blaine wrote:
On Solaris-based xen 3.1.2 I am seeing virDomainGetInfo() often returning VIR_DOMAIN_NOSTATE in dominfo.state for domUs that are powered on and running. What exactly does VIR_DOMAIN_NOSTATE mean? Why does it exist? I suspect it is a catch-all in the API for hosts that don't entirely have their act together, that do not always return a valid guest state. Is that the case?

Is anyone else seeing this on Xen?

It means that we query xcnd and there is no domain/state part of the sexpr for the domain.

What does 'xm list --long' say?

Rich.