[libvirt] Web Interface -> LibVirt Communication?

Hi,

I want to write a web tool that lets me administer my cluster from one location (including operations that things like virt-manager don't provide) - what's the proper way of achieving this? Can i communicate over TCP with libvirt on each server (is this documented?) or should I be trying to get my web app to auth and run virsh commands over SSH?

Thanks.

Henri