[libvirt] Inconsistency with documentation virDomainGetMaxMemory(NULL)

I was making a some test code to checkout some code before I start on my brand new Invite/Tender cluster distribution engine(tm ;)

From docs:

Retrieve the maximum amount of physical memory allocated to a domain. If domain is NULL, then this get the amount of memory reserved to Domain0 i.e. the domain where the application runs.

skinkie xenapi ~/development/htdocs/cherokee $ ./experiment
libvir: Domain error : invalid domain pointer in virDomainGetMaxMemory
0
262144

Code:
    printf("%ld\n", virDomainGetMaxMemory(NULL));
    virDomainPtr domu = virDomainLookupByName(conn, "klant1_gentoo");
    printf("%ld\n", virDomainGetMaxMemory(domu));
    virDomainFree(domu);

Stefan